Who We Are
In 2001 a group of people living in the Elkins area were led to start a church modeled after the celebration/cell concept. That means we gather on Sunday mornings to celebrate Christ (worship) and small groups meet together in people’s homes(we call them community groups) during the week to study truth and share our lives in authentic fellowship. We believe this is the best way to represent the style of church spoken of in the New Testament (Acts 2:42-47).
Our Mission Statement…
Impacting our world through Christ-changed lives
Loving God and loving people
Celebrating our God in worship and sharing our lives in authentic fellowship
Using our spiritual gifts in preparing Christians for ministry to build God’s kingdom and mature His people
What We Believe
- That the Bible is completely true, is useful and relevant for everyday life, and is the supreme authority of faith and practice for the believer in Jesus Christ
- That the Bible teaches that God is one in essence, yet functions simultaneously as three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit
- That Jesus, fully God and fully man, led a sinless life on earth and died a substitutionary death to pay the penalty for our sins to satisfy the justice of the Father; that Jesus physically rose again from the dead and ascended to heaven; and that He will visibly return to establish His kingdom
- That the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and empowers believers to glorify God, giving them spiritual gifts and equipping them to serve others
- That people are spared from eternal judgment only by God’s grace to those who believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Savior
- That the purpose of the local church is to mature people in the Christian faith and to equip them for personal ministry
How We Do Church
Everyone in our congregation is part of our “staff.” Everyone participates in the area of their God-given passion. This could be anything from mowing the church lawn to serving in the nursery to buying supplies or leading a small group. We do have paid staff members who provide direction and connecting points for our different ministries but, for the most part, we are a hands-on, volunteer-oriented church.